Nancy is the author of three books on local history and has recorded a series of audio histories for many of the historic Twickenham houses in this collection.
Madison County Bicentennial: What's in a Name? by Nancy Rohr
This story about early Madison County was originally written for the the Madison County Bicentennial Celebration in 2008. The series consists of the following stories:
- The Early Settlers
- What's in a Name?
- Creek Uprising
- The Observations of Anne Royall
- Letters from 1820
- The Removal of the Cherokees
- Mary Lewis
- Early Civil War Years
- The War's End
Nancy is the author of the following books about Huntsville's past which are available at Harrison Brothers Hardware or Shavers Books:
- An Alabama School Girl in Paris, 1842-1844: The Letters of Mary Fenwick Lewis and Her Family
- Echos of the Past: Old Mahogany Table Stories
- Incidents of the War: The Civil War Journal of Mary Jane Chadick
- Free People of Color in Madison County, Alabama
Item 19 of 38 (5645)Madison County Bicentennial: What's in a Name?
Source: Nancy Rohr
Date: 2011Rights: Reproduced with the permission of Nancy Rohr